Author Topic: How to save search settings/options  (Read 2079 times)

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to save search settings/options
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »
Hello,

I am using PM5.0 build 15077 in iMac 27" with OSX 10.9.1.

I really love PM search capabilities, but I have not yet found a way to save done searches like I can e.g. save Move options.
I frequently use them together to rename and move pictures based on camera Make/Model etc. and now I have to re-create the pretty complex search from scratch every time.

Is there a way to save search options or would you please consider adding this functionality?

BR. Toni

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to save search settings/options
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »
I am using PM5.0 build 15077 in iMac 27" with OSX 10.9.1.

I really love PM search capabilities, but I have not yet found a way to save done searches like I can e.g. save Move options.
I frequently use them together to rename and move pictures based on camera Make/Model etc. and now I have to re-create the pretty complex search from scratch every time.

Is there a way to save search options or would you please consider adding this functionality?

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Spotlight_Search_.28Mac_Only.29

Use the Add to Favorites button to save your search to the Favorites pane.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:10:14 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
Hi again.

And thanks for extremely fast reply ;D

And I am sorry for not explaining part of my issue better.
Unfortunately the method you explained would not help in many of the cases as I need to make small modifications to the search criteria. E.g. modify the model name used for the search; recently I needed to search 36 different phone models which otherwise have similar search attributes.

edit:
If usage of a "Favorite" search would populate the Search dialog similarly to using the dialog by itself, this would be "A Killer Feature" and one could create a few favorites, which could easily then be modified later.

edit2: Forget my previous ones, I found out that I can edit the favorite searches I have saved...so all is well and I am very satisfied (so far:) I was just too fast on commenting the solution:(

Thanks a lot!

BR Toni
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:35:09 AM by tokurvin »

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 10:35:48 AM »
Howdy,

I have one more question related to the search functionality.

I am not able to find .mp4 files with the search (or quick search as well).

So far other file types can be found, but for some reason .mp4 files not. I tried identical searches with Finder and all other I tried work similarly except .mp4 files were only found with Finder but not PM5.

Is there something special related to .mp4 files or am I doing something wrong?

BR. Toni

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
I have one more question related to the search functionality.

I am not able to find .mp4 files with the search (or quick search as well).

So far other file types can be found, but for some reason .mp4 files not. I tried identical searches with Finder and all other I tried work similarly except .mp4 files were only found with Finder but not PM5.

Is there something special related to .mp4 files or am I doing something wrong?

Search currently works only with still images, not movies/videos.  I'll need to find out what the underlying file type is and change PM to allow that file type to be searched as well.

-Kirk

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »
Hi,

Thanks. This time it was not up to me:)
Ability to include video files in searches would be beneficial for the future.
This time I just need to handle them manually or use some other tool. Fortunately I only have about hundred of video files and not tens of thousands like I have images to go through.

BR. Toni