Author Topic: 2 users 2 licenses?  (Read 3338 times)

Offline fotobarone

• View Profile
2 users 2 licenses?
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:26:35 AM »
Hello, i run PM5 build 15077 (39d4ee2) on a Intel Xeon Mac Pro.
Recently me and my wife decided to split in 2 the usual account we use to work with, but now only the original account can use PM: is it really necessary to buy a brand new license in order to use PM on her new user account as well..? Please consider that it's all about the same computer on the same desk of the same Studio.
I've thought that i could temporarily deactivate the registration from a user to let the other one to activate PM, but i haven't that option under the Licensing Menu, and i'm not too sure it will be the right solution anyway...

Carlo Baroncini - cabaroncini@tiscali.it

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 2 users 2 licenses?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:51 AM »
Carlo,

Hello, i run PM5 build 15077 (39d4ee2) on a Intel Xeon Mac Pro.
Recently me and my wife decided to split in 2 the usual account we use to work with, but now only the original account can use PM: is it really necessary to buy a brand new license in order to use PM on her new user account as well..? Please consider that it's all about the same computer on the same desk of the same Studio.
I've thought that i could temporarily deactivate the registration from a user to let the other one to activate PM, but i haven't that option under the Licensing Menu, and i'm not too sure it will be the right solution anyway...

You should be able to activate PM a second time on your wife's account and all will be fine.

-Kirk

Offline fotobarone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 07:40:58 AM »
Thanks Kirk.
Unfortunately when i run PM and the registration window comes out, i write my usual Name plus the password i got via email last year when i purchased it, but it seems not to be accepted, asking for a "License Key".
Please note that i only have the password, and not a "license key", which i just cannot find anywhere.
I asked the sales department if they can send it to me, but i'm still waiting...
Carlo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:17:18 AM »
Thanks Kirk.
Unfortunately when i run PM and the registration window comes out, i write my usual Name plus the password i got via email last year when i purchased it, but it seems not to be accepted, asking for a "License Key".
Please note that i only have the password, and not a "license key", which i just cannot find anywhere.
I asked the sales department if they can send it to me, but i'm still waiting...

They're just now arriving at the office.  I'm sure they'll reply to you soon.

-Kirk