Author Topic: PM Freezing when trying to insert Code Replacement fil  (Read 1556 times)

Offline MYanow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM Freezing when trying to insert Code Replacement fil
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:52:48 PM »
I am having an issue with PM freezing.  I have two examples when this happens.  First, when I want to input a new TXT file for code replacement.  I click the Add button, the folder display (see screen grab of what I am talking about) opens for a millisecond before closing then PM freezes. 

Second being in the ingest dialog window, after clicking the Primary Destination button the folder display opens for a millisecond then PM freezes.  I don’t have the ability to change the folder where the images will be located ingested into.  (See screen grab of the primary destination button greyed out). 

After attempting both, I have Force Quit my way out of the program.   

This issue started four days ago. 

Thank you,

Michael

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15077 (39d4ee2)
OS X 10.9

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Freezing when trying to insert Code Replacement fil
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
Michael,

I am having an issue with PM freezing.  I have two examples when this happens.  First, when I want to input a new TXT file for code replacement.  I click the Add button, the folder display (see screen grab of what I am talking about) opens for a millisecond before closing then PM freezes. 

Second being in the ingest dialog window, after clicking the Primary Destination button the folder display opens for a millisecond then PM freezes.  I don’t have the ability to change the folder where the images will be located ingested into.  (See screen grab of the primary destination button greyed out). 

After attempting both, I have Force Quit my way out of the program.   

This issue started four days ago. 

That dialog is provided by the OS.  There are a number of people on the forum that have reported instability with the file/folder chooser dialogs in Mac OS X 10.9 even when using applications other than Photo Mechanic.

Photo Mechanic does offer the ability to run those dialogs in a separate process which may help with stability.  The setting is near the bottom of the Accessibility section of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog.  Try it and see if it helps your issue.

If not, I'm not sure what I can do to improve things when it is Apple's dialog that is causing the crash.

-Kirk

P.S. We released a new build today.  Check the Announcements board for the details.

Offline MYanow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM Freezing when trying to insert Code Replacement fil
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.  I downloaded the latest version and so far that has solved my issue.  Thanks.