Author Topic: Live Ingest UI tweak for RAW file wait times  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Snack Party

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Ingest UI tweak for RAW file wait times
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:40:42 PM »
Hey PM team!

I was wondering if you could tweak the time options in the 'wait for file to look stable' for RAW files in live ingest.  Specifically, I would like to be able to specify times of 5 seconds, 3 seconds, 2 seconds, and 1 second in addition to the current time intervals. 

This would be useful when tethering via gigabit connection for the Canon 1D X or Nikon D4, or any of the cameras outfitted with the transmitters.  It would be extremely useful since you can run huge lengths of ethernet cable and still have a very robust and fast image transfer, and of course Live ingest writes the files to backup drives as well, and keeps a copy in the camera.  The only problem with the current iteration is that I have to wait 10 seconds for the image to get moved into a viewing application, even though the file transfer takes about 1/2 second, so there is a lot of waiting time that is not necessary with ethernet tether but obviously makes sense for a slower transfer, like a wireless transfer.

I know you guys have a lot going on right now, but hopefully this adjustment could be done really fast.  Any feedback on ETA would be appreciated.

Best