Author Topic: Using Pics.io with Photo Mechanic?  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Using Pics.io with Photo Mechanic?
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »
I've been chatting with the folks at Pics.io.  They're working on browser-based RAW processing and currently have a product that will open a browser session for collaborative reviewing of RAW files over the Web.  I've played around with it and it seems like it could be useful for PM users.

They wrote up a description of one possible flow.

http://blog.pics.io/photo-talks/want-to-quickly-show-photos-to-your-clients-quick-tip-for-photo-mechanic-users/

If anyone tries this out I'd be interested to know what you think. Is it useful?

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Re: Using Pics.io with Photo Mechanic?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:11:47 AM »
It seems a really good idea and looks pretty simple to use. However, I am on a very slow internet connection in the middle of the country and loading NEFs took so long that I gave up.

If I was on a fast connection I think would use it.
David

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Using Pics.io with Photo Mechanic?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:15:02 AM »
Hi, Mick
It seems to be a very interesting feature.
I have not tried it, so I don't know if it will work fine.
I read their page but I didn't quite understand why one should always have the microphone on...and I got a little worried with the possibility of a client being able to save/download the photo somehow (even if right cliking is not enabled).
I think its primary use will possibly be collaborative reviewing (peer review), as you mentioned.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi