Author Topic: keyword help  (Read 3471 times)

Offline marty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
keyword help
« on: December 30, 2006, 10:35:07 AM »
I could use some help with keywords. Could someone please tell me what I need to do to see all of the keywords associated with a given image? The following is the part of my workflow that is giving me issues. I have a folder with a bunch of different subjects. I want to apply some keywords to all of the subjects. I can do that. Then I go back and add specific keywords to selected images. How do I then go and see all of the applied keywords within Photo Mechanic for each given image when I need to correct or verify? If I can't do this Photo Mechanic loses its value to me.

Another way to expres the problem: How do I open an image in PM and see all of the keywords associated with an image?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: keyword help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 01:28:21 PM »
I could use some help with keywords. Could someone please tell me what I need to do to see all of the keywords associated with a given image? The following is the part of my workflow that is giving me issues. I have a folder with a bunch of different subjects. I want to apply some keywords to all of the subjects. I can do that. Then I go back and add specific keywords to selected images. How do I then go and see all of the applied keywords within Photo Mechanic for each given image when I need to correct or verify? If I can't do this Photo Mechanic loses its value to me.

Another way to expres the problem: How do I open an image in PM and see all of the keywords associated with an image?

When you have your mouse cursor over a photo in the Contact Sheet you will see several buttons appear over the thumbnail.  One of them has an 'i' over it.  Click on the 'i' button to bring up the IPTC Info dialog.  You can view the keywords in the Keywords field.  If there are many keywords, then you can click on the popup button next to the Keywords text field and choose "Edit Keywords..." which will bring up the Keywords editor.  The list on the left hand side shows you the keywords on this photo, the list on the right shows you all of the keywords available to apply to your photo.

HTH,

-Kirk