Author Topic: Best workflow copying IPTC-data into another folder with same images  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Andymann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have two folders, one is the folder for web, and one for print. Both having the same images, same filenames, same types.

I've set the the captions etc. for the web-folder. What is the easiest way to copy these metadata 1:1 onto the hirez-files in the print-folder? I wanna copy everything 1:1 in a single click. Is that possible? Applying the Stationary Pad did not copy the data 1:1. I mean the data from image no. 5 in the webfolder should be copied 1:1 to image no. 5 in the printfolder. What I'm doing wrong?

Thxs.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Best workflow copying IPTC-data into another folder with same images
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 08:14:55 AM »
Andy,

I know of no way to copy captions/keywords/etc. from one image to another with the same name in a different folder in Photo Mechanic.  Generally you would have captioned the main source images and then made your scaled/processed images from the source images.  All derived images would then have the same metadata.

Exiftool is able to do the sort of thing you're after but you would have to write a script to control it and make it copy caption data from one image to another.

-Kirk