Author Topic: Hot key color coding not working in preview  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
Hot key color coding not working in preview
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:20:27 PM »
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
PM build 15277

When viewing images in preview, pressing hot keys (0-8) no longer assigns a color code.  The images advance after pressing the key but no color is assigned.  I went through a small shoot as I usually do using the number keys to assign color codes.  Images advanced; everything looked normal.  However, when I went back to the images there were no color codes assigned.  Hot keys will assign color codes in grid view.  Hot keys will also assign star ratings ok, just not color ratings.  If I use a hot key to assign a color then immediately go back to the image and assign a color the second time, it works.  This problem seemed to coincide with the install of build 15277.

Thanks for any help.

No longer working in grid view either.  Two entries will assign.  Also should have said these are NEF files (from a D300S so camera is nothing new).  I did try a few JPGs and everything seemed to work ok.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:36:36 PM by Woodie »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Hot key color coding not working in preview
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »
Where are the images stored?

Do you have write privileges to the files in question?

-Kirk

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:43:13 AM »
When in doubt, reboot; or in this case reinstall.  Since this happened after the update, just to be sure my PM install was ok, I downloaded again and re-installed.  All is as it should be now.  Don't know whether the glitch was in the first download or the install but all is well.  Should have tried this before posting.  Sorry about that Kirk.

Offline klam

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 11:58:48 PM »
I'm experiencing the same problem with 15277. I tried uninstalling/re-installing and that didn't help me. Each time I needed to set color/rating would require a double press. I reverted back to the previous version (15077) and everything is back working normally again.