Author Topic: Is There a Way to See if Photos Contain Captions?  (Read 6102 times)

Offline danieljcox

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Is There a Way to See if Photos Contain Captions?
« on: January 01, 2007, 02:05:28 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a way to see if an image has been captioned without actually going into the image itself? We would like to be able to see which images have been captioned and which ones have not. In Adobe Bridge you can set the Preferences to show Caprion/Description. Any ideas on how to accomplish this in PM?

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Is There a Way to See if Photos Contain Captions?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 04:55:31 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a way to see if an image has been captioned without actually going into the image itself? We would like to be able to see which images have been captioned and which ones have not. In Adobe Bridge you can set the Preferences to show Caprion/Description. Any ideas on how to accomplish this in PM?

You can turn on the Info Tooltips from the Image menu.  Or you can use the Preview window and see the captions in the Info Text pane on the right hand side.  Or you can use the IPTC Info dialog and navigate through each of the photos by using the -> button.

In version 4.5 (in development) you will be able to have the {caption} variable be displayed along with the filename on each thumbnail.

If your Info Text does not have the {caption} variable in it, you can add it by going to the Edit menu and choosing "Set Info Text..."

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 06:38:45 AM »
I have been given the typ from Kirk to search in the caption field and leave the field empty and it works like a charm as i have found a few pictures which escaped the captioning.

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 02:37:13 AM »
Denis this doesn't always work. At least not for me :) Personally I apply most of caption on ingest already. After that I just include names of athletes into caption (normally on beginning of caption). In my case, all photos would look like they have been captioned, but in reality most important part of caption is missing. So solution which 4.5 will have will be perfect for me :)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 05:53:17 AM »
I always apply a template when I ingest, this template as 'xxxx' in place of where I will put the names. This means when I have finished editing I can do a quick search for 'xxxx' to find any I've missed.

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 06:24:52 AM »
I didn't even think on this Shadow. It's cool idea, which I will try on todays assignment already. Thanks! :)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »
It also makes it quicker to input a players name in the right place, if you have 'England's xxxx and Argentina's xxxx' you just double click on the xxxx and when you type it's replaced, no scrolling or highlighting any characters.

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 12:12:53 PM »
Hehe I don't have problems with that normally. Most of my captions look like "xxx doing something at...". So name in 90% of captions comes first for me. But never the less, your idea is so easy solution to this problem, that it would be really shame not to use it :)