Author Topic: Uploader window messed up.  (Read 6055 times)

Offline mize

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Todd Mizener - Photojournalist
Uploader window messed up.
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »
I am at a loss to figure out why my upload window is stuck at the top of my screen. I can only see 1/2 of the uploader window when I try to upload to SFTP (or any other upload type). Very weird. It was working fine earlier today but is all messed up now. I have rebooted three times. Working on MacBook Pro 13 and running Mavericks and PM5 (latest release). I am unable to drag it down, I have repaired permissions and I have run out of ideas. Any help?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Todd Mizener
Dir of Photography/Multimedia
Dispatch/Argus

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
Re: Uploader window messed up.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:08:06 AM »
Greetings,

Please go to the System Preferences for you mac and select Displays. This dialog will allow you to change the screen resolution; what you want to do is change it to something else then change it back. This will reset the windows.

Offline bentoni

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
I have had the same problem. I usually use my MacBook pro connected to a 27" monitor in the office. When I work in the field on the laptop, the window is sometimes partially obscured, or occasionally completely obscured and I cannot move it back into view to use it. I have tried the solution mentioned with the display preferences, but it does not work for me. What else might I try?

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »
bentoni,

I've heard from other users that sometimes it can take multiple attempt to get the windows back on the main screen. If you change around the resolution a few times then change it back, that should work. Maybe try several different resolutions then change it back? The initial resize of the resolution should fix it, if it's not correcting the dialogs anymore then that has been changed recently by Apple. It's the only way that I know of to reset the dialogs in OSX and I've not heard of anyone being unable to fix it with the resolution change method.
If you've done this several times and still can't fix it let us know

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:51:34 PM by Brandon »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 11:58:38 AM »
All,

The next build of PM 5 (Mac OS X only) will have a feature added to it that will make sure that the window's title bar will be accessible so you can grab it and move it around (it won't move a window if it is in a reasonable position.)  Windows that are completely out-of-bounds of all screens (like when a monitor is disconnected) will be forced to a position fully on the main screen, making the window smaller if needed.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 03:00:47 AM »
All,

The next build of PM 5 (Mac OS X only) will have a feature added to it that will make sure that the window's title bar will be accessible so you can grab it and move it around (it won't move a window if it is in a reasonable position.)  Windows that are completely out-of-bounds of all screens (like when a monitor is disconnected) will be forced to a position fully on the main screen, making the window smaller if needed.

-Kirk

Good news!!
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi