Author Topic: Unable to make camera bits the default opener for RAW files in windows explorer  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Sarahtownley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I am running Photo Mechanic version 5, build 15277 (oebcc6a) on Windows 7x64.  My pc recently needed a rebuild after powercuts.  I reinstalled an earlier version of camera bits by mistake and uninstalled it and then reinstalled with this version.  However, I cannot make it my default program for opening raw files from windows explorer.  I go through all the usual moves etc  but it will not show up in the list of available programs after I have clicked on the camera bits exe file.   Can you help

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
Sarah,

We're currently finishing up restoring the shell menu to the Photo Mechanic install so that you can right-click on a folder and select "Open in Photo Mechanic."

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
I can confirm that the PM Shell Menu will make it's return in the next update to Photo Mechanic. This will allow you to right-click on folders in Windows Explorer (including folders on your Windows Desktop) and open them in Photo Mechanic. Tested OK on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 desktop machines.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:52:50 PM by Brandon »