Author Topic: Launching Preferences  (Read 5394 times)

Offline oceanboy2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Launching Preferences
« on: February 24, 2014, 04:16:31 PM »
In regards to the Lauching Folder in Preferences... I set Photoshop as first and Lightroom as secondary preferences to open a photos to edit in.  And then clicked apply. It works, but when I close the program and re-open it. Those preferences are gone. This is only happening in Photo Mechanic 5.0. FYI. The new update does not fix this. Please advise. Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Launching Preferences
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 05:32:58 PM »
Please see this thread and supply as much information as you can: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline oceanboy2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:15:47 AM »
I am running windows 5.0v 15277 on Windows home 7.0. Again under Preferences - Files. When I place photoshop or lightroom in the folder under :Assign Default to edit photos". It will open photos directly to that software for editing. If however I close Photo Mechanic. And reopen it. Those preferences in "Assign Default to edit photos" is gone.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »
I am running windows 5.0v 15277 on Windows home 7.0. Again under Preferences - Files. When I place photoshop or lightroom in the folder under :Assign Default to edit photos". It will open photos directly to that software for editing. If however I close Photo Mechanic. And reopen it. Those preferences in "Assign Default to edit photos" is gone.

Do you have some sort of permissions problem on your system?  Specifically, is there a C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\ folder and do you have a com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefsdb file in it that you have permission to write?  Does the modification date on that file change when you save your preferences (OK the Prefs dialog)?

-Kirk

Offline oceanboy2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:54:37 AM »
Yes, you are correct. The modification date does not change when I change perferences in Photo Mechanic.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:33:53 AM »
Yes, you are correct. The modification date does not change when I change perferences in Photo Mechanic.

Check the permissions on the file.  Make them so you can write to the file.  Or delete the file and PM will create the file again.

-Kirk