Author Topic: Sending pictures via eMail  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Tommi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • FotoDesignTS
Sending pictures via eMail
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:18:25 AM »
Hello all together,
I send my pictures via Eudora to my customers (also via ftp but some custumers do not support ftp upload). I want to upgrade to Mavericks and the program "Maverickstester" tells me, that Eudora will not work on Mavericks. :(
I tried several programs from the dropdown menu in PM, but i am not satisied with all the programs there exept Eudora.
Any hints for sending EMail under Mavericks from Users here in the forum to solve this problem?
I Use PM5.

Greetings from the lake of constance in Germany

Tom
cu on location!

Tom

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Sending pictures via eMail
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:02:27 AM »
Hello all together,
I send my pictures via Eudora to my customers (also via ftp but some custumers do not support ftp upload). I want to upgrade to Mavericks and the program "Maverickstester" tells me, that Eudora will not work on Mavericks. :(
I tried several programs from the dropdown menu in PM, but i am not satisied with all the programs there exept Eudora.
Any hints for sending EMail under Mavericks from Users here in the forum to solve this problem?
I Use PM5.

Greetings from the lake of constance in Germany

Tom

Hi,
A Mac user, I use "Mail" and it works just fine.
HTH,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Tommi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • FotoDesignTS
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:05:10 AM »
Sorry for the delay!!
I have been abroad.
Thank you for your answer. I tried "Mail" to send my pictures via email. After sending the pictures the IPTC Informations are gone. I tried several settings of Mail which not solve the problem. The second fail: sometimes Mail resize the pictures to very small filesize with a high compression. Because of that, the pictures were not usable for my customers. Till now I did not find any solutions for these problems. Due to support of other software in my Mac, I have to upgrade to Mavericks in the next days!
Does anybody have experience with other Mailing software like Powermail or Entourage ( I will not use Outlook!!) for example??
cu on location!

Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 06:36:57 AM »
Tommi,

Thank you for your answer. I tried "Mail" to send my pictures via email. After sending the pictures the IPTC Informations are gone. I tried several settings of Mail which not solve the problem. The second fail: sometimes Mail resize the pictures to very small filesize with a high compression. Because of that, the pictures were not usable for my customers. Till now I did not find any solutions for these problems.

Apple's Mail application should not be modifying attachments.  Test it by sending messages to yourself.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 04:09:54 AM »
Sorry for the delay!!
I have been abroad.
Thank you for your answer. I tried "Mail" to send my pictures via email. After sending the pictures the IPTC Informations are gone. I tried several settings of Mail which not solve the problem. The second fail: sometimes Mail resize the pictures to very small filesize with a high compression. Because of that, the pictures were not usable for my customers. Till now I did not find any solutions for these problems. Due to support of other software in my Mac, I have to upgrade to Mavericks in the next days!
Does anybody have experience with other Mailing software like Powermail or Entourage ( I will not use Outlook!!) for example??

Hi,
First of all, in the "Send Photos via email" dialogue, you have to mark the option "Full size (don't resize dimensions)". Second, when Mail opens you have to choose the option Actual Size for the Image Size.
I have tried to send myself a picture and everything was right. I am sure Mail does not resize the pictures and, most important, the IPTC info is there. Nothing is gone.
HTH,

-Luiz Muzzi