Author Topic: Installing on a new computer  (Read 3749 times)

Offline JonathanRyan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Installing on a new computer
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »
Can somebody clarify the license on PM for me?

I have PM installed on my G5 Mac and also my MacBook.  It's only ever me using them and never at the same time.  I'm pretty sure I checked this and that's fine with one license.

Now my G5 is dying  :'( :'( - there's a logic board fault out of warranty so I used this as an excuse to buy a shiny new MacPro.  I'm in the process of transferring my software over so tried to install PM.  When I go to activate it I get an error that the code has already been claimed.  I'm in the UK so calling the phone number given is tricky.

Questions
1) Am I right that I can use PM on a desktop and laptop under the circumstances listed above?  (If not then I'll go and buy another copy right now!)
2) Should I be able to port from the G5 to the MacPro?  Is there some way my serial can be reset?
3) Is there anywhere I can buy PM on download (assuming the answer to 1 or 2 is "get another copy")?  In the UK I only know one retailer who charge about £15 for shipping a very out of date boxed product.  Not only is this expensive it's bad for the environment (they send me a huge box containing lots of bubble wrap and a small box which contains a pointless CD and a tiny sticker with the serial on - which is the only bit I need).

PM is now so ingrained in my workflow that I can't work without it and I've already lost a lot of time due to the G5 dying.  At the moment I can't even run the demo on the MacPro because I've already installed the boxed version.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Installing on a new computer
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:05:14 PM »
Can somebody clarify the license on PM for me?

I have PM installed on my G5 Mac and also my MacBook.  It's only ever me using them and never at the same time.  I'm pretty sure I checked this and that's fine with one license.

Now my G5 is dying  :'( :'( - there's a logic board fault out of warranty so I used this as an excuse to buy a shiny new MacPro.  I'm in the process of transferring my software over so tried to install PM.  When I go to activate it I get an error that the code has already been claimed.  I'm in the UK so calling the phone number given is tricky.

Questions
1) Am I right that I can use PM on a desktop and laptop under the circumstances listed above?  (If not then I'll go and buy another copy right now!)
2) Should I be able to port from the G5 to the MacPro?  Is there some way my serial can be reset?
3) Is there anywhere I can buy PM on download (assuming the answer to 1 or 2 is "get another copy")?  In the UK I only know one retailer who charge about £15 for shipping a very out of date boxed product.  Not only is this expensive it's bad for the environment (they send me a huge box containing lots of bubble wrap and a small box which contains a pointless CD and a tiny sticker with the serial on - which is the only bit I need).

PM is now so ingrained in my workflow that I can't work without it and I've already lost a lot of time due to the G5 dying.  At the moment I can't even run the demo on the MacPro because I've already installed the boxed version.

Just don't activate it again.  You should have received an email with your password when you originally activated your boxed version.  Find the email and enter the password.  If you cannot find it then please contact me privately by clicking on my name to the left of this message.  Please give me your full name and email address and I'll look you up in the database.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline JonathanRyan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Installing on a new computer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 11:54:32 PM »
Excellent - thanks Kirk!  Worked like a charm.