Author Topic: Renaming  (Read 3137 times)

Offline edwardsjw

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Renaming
« on: February 25, 2014, 02:13:12 PM »
I ingested and named all of the photos in a large file before correcting the time and date. Now the times and date in the label on the photo are different than the same info in the IPTC file. Is there any way I can correct this without doing a total rename of the whole file, which includes 7 or 8 different location names. I am using PM5 Build 15277 with Win7-64.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »
I ingested and named all of the photos in a large file before correcting the time and date. Now the times and date in the label on the photo are different than the same info in the IPTC file. Is there any way I can correct this without doing a total rename of the whole file, which includes 7 or 8 different location names. I am using PM5 Build 15277 with Win7-64.

What do your filenames look like now?  Without some examples I won't be able to make any solid recommendations.

-Kirk

Offline edwardsjw

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:03:47 PM »
I figured it out. Thanks.

Offline Peter Bartholick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:17:32 AM »
Hello , i have also an issue with wrong creation dates from old videos, the only reference a have is the modify date. is there any possibility to rename the files after modify date instead of iptc date. its almost thousand files thats why it would be great to have a solution.

thank u so much
Peter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 10:29:25 AM »
Peter,

Hello , i have also an issue with wrong creation dates from old videos, the only reference a have is the modify date. is there any possibility to rename the files after modify date instead of iptc date. its almost thousand files thats why it would be great to have a solution.

There are currently no modification date/time variables in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline Peter Bartholick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 10:53:52 AM »
hmmm   :-\
but thx for your fast reply