Author Topic: Tagging Lag in Photo Mechanic 4.5.3  (Read 3844 times)

Offline bjlrphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tagging Lag in Photo Mechanic 4.5.3
« on: March 04, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »
Has anyone else had an issue with Photo Mechanic lagging when trying to tag images? I do wedding photography and will open 2,000+ images and I will go through and tag the images I want to keep, then save out just those images. When going through the images everything seems fine but when I press the T button to tag an image sometimes it won't tag it and I have to repeatedly press it until it tags. It is super inconvenient because I'm trying to work quickly and I am afraid I am risking skipping over images that aren't tagging when I press the T key. Anyone else had a similar issue? Is there an easy solution I just don't know about? Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tagging Lag in Photo Mechanic 4.5.3
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 01:56:16 PM »
Has anyone else had an issue with Photo Mechanic lagging when trying to tag images? I do wedding photography and will open 2,000+ images and I will go through and tag the images I want to keep, then save out just those images. When going through the images everything seems fine but when I press the T button to tag an image sometimes it won't tag it and I have to repeatedly press it until it tags. It is super inconvenient because I'm trying to work quickly and I am afraid I am risking skipping over images that aren't tagging when I press the T key. Anyone else had a similar issue? Is there an easy solution I just don't know about? Thanks in advance for the help!

Please call +1 503-547-2888 for assistance in this matter.

-Kirk

Offline bjlrphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
Thanks Kirk!

Offline Dynatnt1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:18:45 PM »
I'm having the same issue. I have to press T twice in order for it to register a tag. PM advances to the next photo as if it tagged but it does not.
How about posting a solution to this problem Kirk?

Thanks,
Toby

Offline danecreekphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 01:32:29 PM »
It's not just tagging, it's star rating too. Just came here to report the bug. Here's how to reproduce it, and how to work around the problem. Note that I have auto-advance turned on

Steps to reproduce

1. Run PM
2. From the contact sheet go direct into the detail photo view
3. Apply a star rating using the number key on the keyboard

Result: Auto-advance to the next image, but the image you tried to star rate did not actually have the star rating applied.

4. Press the left arrow to get back to the image you were trying to rate
5. Apply the star rating again

Result: Auto-advance to the next image, and the image you were trying to rate actually had the rating applied.

How to work around the problem

1. Go back to contact sheet view
2. Apply a star rating

Once you've done this it appears star ratings apply correctly in the detailed image view. This seems to work until you use the crop tool, then star rating is broken again.

Neil

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »
I take it back. My workaround only works briefly, then things stop working again.

Neil

Offline Dynatnt1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »
Really annoying that is just started doing this.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 01:52:36 PM »
I'm talking about PM5, not 4.5. Looks like there's another thread on this topic and the suggested workaround is to downgrade: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8990.0.

Neil

Offline dmolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
Wow, interesting. I starting having the same issue today so I came straight to the forum...just started today (March 10th) I didn't have the problem last night...I'll try calling the number...

Offline Paul Skelcher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • photography
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »
On an earlier thread, I was having to double click stars, colors and tag checks, whether from the menu or on an image, with build 15277.
Kirk's advice was to downgrade to Build 15077: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8780.0
which worked fine.

Paul