Author Topic: Can not Rate or Color class any RAWs  (Read 7610 times)

Offline bel inizio photography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can not Rate or Color class any RAWs
« on: March 04, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »
ok since i just did the software upgrade now it will not let me Rate or Color class any RAW image. But it will let me do DNG files with no problem. I am a wedding photographer that shoots high volume of images. Photo Mechanic is the only rating system i use. So as i wait for a way to get around this I am not getting anything done. So i hope someone can HELP.....

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can not Rate or Color class any RAWs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:12:38 PM »
ok since i just did the software upgrade now it will not let me Rate or Color class any RAW image. But it will let me do DNG files with no problem. I am a wedding photographer that shoots high volume of images. Photo Mechanic is the only rating system i use. So as i wait for a way to get around this I am not getting anything done. So i hope someone can HELP.....

Please downgrade to Build 15077:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8780.0

The next build of PM 5 won't have the problem you described.

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »
Same thing happens. I can not rate or Color class any NEF raw file. DNG is fine. I find this so disturbing that i buy a product  and it works perfectly fine and then get an update and it doesn't work. So when i might me able to get this working? I had called with in normal working hours and no one answered and had to leave a message no one returned.  I am now on day 2 with out. Sorry if i sound mad, I am.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 07:35:06 AM »
What OS are you running PM on?  I'll get you an updated build and we can work from there to solve your problem.

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »
Im on a PC windows 7

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:56:48 PM »
Sorry if i sound mad but i am. I don't mean to be that way. I have switched to doing my editing this way that i got rid of the other software i used to do it on and now i  literally can not do a thing until this is finished.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 01:10:30 PM »
Unfortunately this medium of communication is by far the slowest means to solving a problem.  That's why we offer telephone support as well.  I'm going to send you a personal message with a link to a newer version that we're readying for release.  I believe it will solve your problem but it may not.  If it doesn't solve your problem then I will work with you to solve your problem.

-Kirk

Offline Paul Skelcher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • photography
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
Same here, on PC Windows 7, build number 15277.
Haven't used PM in a month or so, but now check mark, color class, star rate need two clicks to tag one or more NEF images.  Rarely, and unpredictably, they will work with one click.

Shall I downgrade the build number as already recommended?

Thanks
Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
Paul,

Same here, on PC Windows 7, build number 15277.
Haven't used PM in a month or so, but now check mark, color class, star rate need two clicks to tag one or more NEF images.  Rarely, and unpredictably, they will work with one click.

Shall I downgrade the build number as already recommended?

Yes, that should work for you.

-Kirk

Offline Paul Skelcher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • photography
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 06:22:52 PM »
Perfect, fast too!
Thanks.

Paul

Offline reabekjr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 09:05:20 AM »
Just wanted to chime in... I starting experiencing the same tagging/rating issue with Nikon raw files today.  I've been running 15277 since its release without problems but the issue just popped up today.  I'm running latest Windows 8.1 - 64 bit, with latest Adobe Photoshop and LR updates. If you need someone to test a potential fix, let me know.  Would rather do that than downgrade if possible.

Thanks!
Ken   

Offline cgeiss

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
can't tag, rate or classify anything :-(
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »
Everything worked fine until some time last evening. Rebooted, restarted, deleted preferences as described elsewhere. Nevertheless I could not tag images any longer. Downloaded build 15077 as described earlier in this post. Simply running the file and choosing upgrade/repair did not help. Build 15277 was still installed. Manually uninstalled PM5, ran PM5SetupR15077.exe, seems to work for now.
Christoph

Offline reabekjr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
Well cgeiss, that makes me feel better about my problem with 15277 not being unique as having just started today.  I was working an event yesterday and all tagging/rating/colorclass was normal.  I came home this morning, booted up to ingest additional cards, and now tagging functions don't work on anything, even previously ingested files.  I tried the install/repair option also to no avail.  Looks like I'll have to uninstall and go back to version 15077 as well so I can get back in business. 

Ken

Offline Ted Grudzinski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 08:28:58 AM »
Worked fine on 3/10/2014... Now having the same problem on 3/11/2014. I will try downgrading from 15277. But what happened that a changed occurred overnight, with no software upgrades that I was aware. Windows 7 64-bit system.

Offline marekd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 01:10:13 PM »
Same problem here. Worked fine a few days ago, started acting up when came back to work on Monday: can't tag files from one of the  cameras and I have to double press to tag from another. Windows 7, build 15277.