Author Topic: ACR Updates in Thumbnails?  (Read 2248 times)

Offline PeterRHawkes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ACR Updates in Thumbnails?
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
In the PM 5 Manual it is stated;

Photo Mechanic integrates easily with image editors such as Adobe® Photoshop®. Any image, or selection of images, may be opened into your choice of Editor for further work and any changes made and saved will be reflected in the thumbnail in the Contact Sheet display.

Am I correct in assuming that this does not include RAW files (NEF) that have their XMP sidecar updated by changes in ACR when moving to Photoshop as an editor and clicking on Done, rather than Open Image, when complete?

It took be by surprise that when, for example, emailing the NEF from within PM any changes made in ACR are not included. The obvious way around this is to Open Image in Photoshop and save as PSD or JPG and send that file.

Peter H

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ACR Updates in Thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:06:23 AM »
Peter,

In the PM 5 Manual it is stated;

Photo Mechanic integrates easily with image editors such as Adobe® Photoshop®. Any image, or selection of images, may be opened into your choice of Editor for further work and any changes made and saved will be reflected in the thumbnail in the Contact Sheet display.

Am I correct in assuming that this does not include RAW files (NEF) that have their XMP sidecar updated by changes in ACR when moving to Photoshop as an editor and clicking on Done, rather than Open Image, when complete?

It took be by surprise that when, for example, emailing the NEF from within PM any changes made in ACR are not included. The obvious way around this is to Open Image in Photoshop and save as PSD or JPG and send that file.

Correct.  PM doesn't have access to the rendering engine that ACR uses and cannot render ACR settings.  I'll get the manual updated.

-Kirk