Author Topic: Was using external monitor - now file upload dialog is off screen  (Read 2116 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Hi,
Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15277
Mac OSX 10.9.2

Yesterday I was using an external monitor connected to my Macbook Pro which had a significantly higher resolution than my mac's native. Now I do not have that monitor connected (and I do not have it available) when I hit cmd + u, the upload is off screen with only the bottom left corner visible. As its top is not on screen, I can not grab it with the mouse to drag it back in.. I closed and re-opened PM and still happening. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions as I am on a shoot now.

Thanks
-T

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Re: Was using external monitor - now file upload dialog is off screen
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:56:32 AM »
Attached is a pic of the problem described.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 09:00:30 AM »
Tommy,

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15277
Mac OSX 10.9.2

Yesterday I was using an external monitor connected to my Macbook Pro which had a significantly higher resolution than my mac's native. Now I do not have that monitor connected (and I do not have it available) when I hit cmd + u, the upload is off screen with only the bottom left corner visible. As its top is not on screen, I can not grab it with the mouse to drag it back in.. I closed and re-opened PM and still happening. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions as I am on a shoot now.

Please see this thread for a possible solution:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8945.0

-Kirk

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:47:01 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for directing me to this fix. I had tried changing around the screen res in the display preferences and it had not worked until this point, but I tried this again using switches between different resolutions and eventually it brought the upload box back into the screen. Got me out of a big jam! Also Ireland won the match I was shooting so everything worked out great (sorry but I cannot help but mention that too for anyone out there who might appreciate it  :)  )