Author Topic: is there a way to have the preview in full screen without the up bar?  (Read 14458 times)

Offline judas

• View Profile
Hi
is there a way to have the preview in full screen without the up bart (toolbar)?

windows 7 64 and 8.1 64bit

thanks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:35:44 PM by judas »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: is there a way to have the preview in full screen without the up bar?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »
is there a way to have the preview in full screen without the up bart (toolbar)?

No, there is no way to remove/hide the toolbar.

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 01:18:38 AM »

No, there is no way to remove/hide the toolbar.

-Kirk
hi Kirk
could be added please in the next version?
thanks

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:10:03 AM »
Maybe have a "mini" bar mode with the next/back arrows, rotate, and 1-image / 2-image compare buttons?

Hmmmmmm.  Mini-bar.

I'm thirsty now.

M

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 03:31:40 AM »
Maybe have a "mini" bar mode with the next/back arrows, rotate, and 1-image / 2-image compare buttons?

Hmmmmmm.  Mini-bar.

I'm thirsty now.

M
hi
but there are many requests dates years ago

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 06:22:33 AM »
I attempted to add a feature where the toolbar could be hidden.  Hiding it is actually not all that hard.  Making an obvious way of getting the toolbar back is the hard part.  Microsoft has made it very difficult to add custom widgets to the frame of a window since Windows Vista (we would need some visual button that the user can always see that would allow them to get the toolbar back.)  If there is no visible way of getting the toolbar back then we will be overrun with users calling our support lines, emailing us, posting on the forums when they accidentally hide the toolbar and don't know how to get it back.

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 08:07:06 AM »
I attempted to add a feature where the toolbar could be hidden.  Hiding it is actually not all that hard.  Making an obvious way of getting the toolbar back is the hard part.  Microsoft has made it very difficult to add custom widgets to the frame of a window since Windows Vista (we would need some visual button that the user can always see that would allow them to get the toolbar back.)  If there is no visible way of getting the toolbar back then we will be overrun with users calling our support lines, emailing us, posting on the forums when they accidentally hide the toolbar and don't know how to get it back.

-Kirk
may i know when will be added?
if there is a beta version , i would really test it
thanks Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
I think you misunderstand me.

The feature is not coming anytime soon.  Sorry.

-Kirk

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »

-Kirk

At present we can use the "F" key to display or hide the sidebar (Info, etc.). Could you not use the same mechanism, i.e. using a key (Shift+F?) to show or hide the toolbar?

I am still using PM 4.6.9 because of its less disturbing toolbar.

Karl

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 09:52:31 PM »
I think you misunderstand me.

The feature is not coming anytime soon.  Sorry.

-Kirk
Hi Kirk
I agree with Karl
i 'm waiting for this feature and the catalog by years years

thanks

Offline sabink

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 02:05:16 AM »
I also want to add my vote for the full screen mode!

I cannot name another program for photo viewing and selection that have no full screen mode except photo mechanic.

Regarding the fears about customer support overloaded with calls of angry customers wanting the missing toolbar I can suggest that you do not activate full screen by default, but add an option to have it in the setting.

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 07:24:57 AM »
I also want to add my vote for the full screen mode!

I cannot name another program for photo viewing and selection that have no full screen mode except photo mechanic.

Regarding the fears about customer support overloaded with calls of angry customers wanting the missing toolbar I can suggest that you do not activate full screen by default, but add an option to have it in the setting.
hi asked this feature what 4 years ago or more :o :o

Offline d7e7r7

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 02:37:55 PM »
Sorry for the necro post here but I figured it makes more sense for me to post here than make a new thread on the same issue. Is there any update on this? A true full screen view without the toolbars and taskbar would be great. Any news on this being implemented?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 03:46:25 PM »
Sorry for the necro post here but I figured it makes more sense for me to post here than make a new thread on the same issue. Is there any update on this? A true full screen view without the toolbars and taskbar would be great. Any news on this being implemented?

Yes, PM6 has (will have a) true full screen mode for the Preview and Contact Sheet on Windows (F11 toggles) and on macOS (Ctrl-Command-F toggles).

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 10:12:16 PM »

Yes, PM6 has (will have a) true full screen mode for the Preview and Contact Sheet on Windows (F11 toggles) and on macOS (Ctrl-Command-F toggles).

-Kirk
hi
and is there a way to try the beta v6?
thanks