Author Topic: Problems with crashes, thumbnails "unable to render image" since build 15277  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
Hi,

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit PC running PM v5 build 15277.

Running on the previous build was solid but since the change to 15277 I've had problems.

Intermittently PM crashes when I try to load a gallery of thumbnails. Other times I get galleries full of "Unable to Render Image" thumbnails. This is resolved by closing PM and starting again. Since the latest build I frequently get an inelegant stopped working error dialogue - "Photo Mechanic 5.0.0.0 has stopped working" - rather than a clean close - I also get this error and a crash of PM at random times in use - usually just after I select a new folder from which to load thumbnails.

Other times thumbnails just won't load at all. The tab for the gallery appears but no thumbnails or thumbnail placeholders appear.

Couple of screen grabs attached to illustrate.

I raised it originally with support who advised me to change my caching preferences, which I did, but the problem still persists.

Has anyone else had similar issues and, if so, have you found a way to overcome them?

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
Lo, as I restarted PM after the most recent crash prompted me to post the above, I was prompted to upgrade to a new build.
Hoping it's fixed :)