Author Topic: Export to Aperture  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Export to Aperture
« on: January 05, 2007, 05:58:16 AM »
Not really a feature request, just a question. Will Camera Bits be working with the Aperture SDK to provide an import function into Aperture from PM? Or is the SKD just for exports?

When I import images edited in PM to Aperture all my keywords are put into the top level of the keywords directory instead of the nested folders and I don't get any translation from the colour codes (I have use iView and Annoture to sync the IPTC data). None of this is PM's fault as Aperture has issues with importing IPTC data, but it would be nice to have a simple button in PM to copy pictures to Aperture with the IPTC data and colour codes translated into star ratings or something similar.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Export to Aperture
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 06:38:00 AM »
Not really a feature request, just a question. Will Camera Bits be working with the Aperture SDK to provide an import function into Aperture from PM? Or is the SKD just for exports?

When I import images edited in PM to Aperture all my keywords are put into the top level of the keywords directory instead of the nested folders and I don't get any translation from the colour codes (I have use iView and Annoture to sync the IPTC data). None of this is PM's fault as Aperture has issues with importing IPTC data, but it would be nice to have a simple button in PM to copy pictures to Aperture with the IPTC data and colour codes translated into star ratings or something similar.

We have not looked into the Aperture SDK yet so we are not familiar with its capabilities.  Currently I have nothing on my "To Do" list related to Aperture.

-Kirk