Author Topic: Variable for number of files selected?  (Read 3547 times)

Offline hspooner2000

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Variable for number of files selected?
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:15:20 AM »
Hi Team,
I work as a freelancer for a newspaper.  After my edit,  I upload all of my images to their file server.  There is been a new ask from the paper for me to include the number of images I uploaded in the file folder.

I upload the images in a file folder on the server, that I create during the upload.  The file folder name is created by a number of variables that I have set (user defined varialbes + date, etc).  What I was hoping to do was to have a variable (dreaming?) that would take the number of images I have selected that I can add to the end of the file folder name.
So in the xx below would be the number of images I have selected and therefor are uploading.
{usercustom1}-{usercustom2}-{usercustom3}-{tmn0}{tdy0}{tyr2}-HSS_(xx)

Any ideas?
Harry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Variable for number of files selected?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:44:47 AM »
Harry,

I work as a freelancer for a newspaper.  After my edit,  I upload all of my images to their file server.  There is been a new ask from the paper for me to include the number of images I uploaded in the file folder.

I upload the images in a file folder on the server, that I create during the upload.  The file folder name is created by a number of variables that I have set (user defined varialbes + date, etc).  What I was hoping to do was to have a variable (dreaming?) that would take the number of images I have selected that I can add to the end of the file folder name.
So in the xx below would be the number of images I have selected and therefor are uploading.
{usercustom1}-{usercustom2}-{usercustom3}-{tmn0}{tdy0}{tyr2}-HSS_(xx)

There is no variable for "selection count".  You can request that we add one in the Feature Requests board.

-Kirk

Offline hspooner2000

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »
Thanks Kirk.  I am assuming you have many other requests and this is not one that comes up often, so think I will just enter the data myself:)

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:19:46 AM »
Hi,
I would also like to have a feature like that.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi