Author Topic: Deactivation  (Read 3499 times)

Offline tomr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Deactivation
« on: April 04, 2014, 04:25:38 AM »
I have unintentionally exceeded my activation allowance.

I have PM 5 installed on my windows desktop at home, on my windows desktop in my office and on my windows laptop which I am about to replace. I have never deactivated PM because I didn’t know that it was necessary and I have never used PM on 5 machines concurrently. There is no deactivation option on my program and there are no instructions on how to do it manually.

I replace my laptop every 2 to 3 years the last time I think was in autumn 2011. I replace my desktop less frequently. In between times I perform a clean install of windows for housekeeping purposes or because I have installed a larger hard disk. Do I need to deactivate PM before carrying out any of these operations? Last year I upgraded my desktop by installing a solid state drive and also my laptop by installing a hybrid drive. Presumably these actions exceeded my allowance. I have emailed sales about this and they said I have PM installed on 5 machines but gave no instructions on how to deactivate. I still have the old hard disk from the laptop so I might be able to boot from this and deactivate somehow.

What to do next please?

Tom 

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Deactivation
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:59:01 AM »
If you are making use of the new licensing scheme with the alphanumeric keys, then you will likely be able to deactivate it using the Help|Licensing menu as explained in the manual here: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=Registering_Photo_Mechanic

You need to do this from the computer running the copy of PM you are to deactivate.

If this doesn't work, check your PM account on https://store.camerabits.com/account and see what it reads.  Then contact camerabits sales & licensing.

Note from the manual page: If you originally purchased and ran Photo Mechanic prior to Version 5 build 15002, the option to Deactivate may not appear. You can contact Sales and Licensing for ways to deactivate unused instances of Photo Mechanic. Currently, you can't deactivate other computers with this process. You can only deactivate the computer that Photo Mechanic is currently on.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl