Author Topic: Selective Ingest  (Read 2642 times)

Offline sigmadp2user

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Selective Ingest
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:43:03 PM »
I am a new user, so this topic is just to find out what others think and do about Ingest.  I take a lot of frames that are patently throw-away, so it seems to me that when I ingest from a card, I would like to keep the obviously bad frames from taking up space in my system, and only ingest the images that have some chance of being picks.

In the normal use of Ingest, you can only ingest the whole card, except for omitting those images already ingested by Photo Mechanic.  I am aware of the File>Copy selected items option.

Do others think it would be better if PM let the user check off or on those images to be omitted or included in a given Ingest operation?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Selective Ingest
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »
I am a new user, so this topic is just to find out what others think and do about Ingest.  I take a lot of frames that are patently throw-away, so it seems to me that when I ingest from a card, I would like to keep the obviously bad frames from taking up space in my system, and only ingest the images that have some chance of being picks.

In the normal use of Ingest, you can only ingest the whole card, except for omitting those images already ingested by Photo Mechanic.  I am aware of the File>Copy selected items option.

Do others think it would be better if PM let the user check off or on those images to be omitted or included in a given Ingest operation?

It is a quite-often requested feature.  It didn't make it into PM5.  It will likely make it into the next major version of PM.

-Kirk