Author Topic: Import Date Format  (Read 2902 times)

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Import Date Format
« on: April 27, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic (Mac) Version 5, Build 15451 under OS X 10.9.2.  My workflow has been to use PM to ingest my photos from a card reader into a directory used by Lightroom 5.4 to store its photos.  This is a relatively new workflow for me, as Lightroom has gotten consistently slower to ingest large RAW files (Nikon D800, Nikon D600).  When I use Lightroom to ingest, the date folders show up as MM-DD-YYYY, but when I use PM the date folders show up as MMDDYYYY.  I haven't figured out a way to change PM to the Lightroom default format.  Is there a way to alter the date format PM uses so that the folders are consistent with those folders Lightroom creates by default.  I store all my photos by date.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Import Date Format
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 07:21:54 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic (Mac) Version 5, Build 15451 under OS X 10.9.2.  My workflow has been to use PM to ingest my photos from a card reader into a directory used by Lightroom 5.4 to store its photos.  This is a relatively new workflow for me, as Lightroom has gotten consistently slower to ingest large RAW files (Nikon D800, Nikon D600).  When I use Lightroom to ingest, the date folders show up as MM-DD-YYYY, but when I use PM the date folders show up as MMDDYYYY.  I haven't figured out a way to change PM to the Lightroom default format.  Is there a way to alter the date format PM uses so that the folders are consistent with those folders Lightroom creates by default.  I store all my photos by date.

Certainly.  Use {month0}-(day0}-{year4} in your folder name.

-Kirk