Author Topic: Selecting jpg only  (Read 3106 times)

Offline joephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Selecting jpg only
« on: January 09, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »
I like to separate my .jpgs from the RAW (NEF) and place them in their own folder.
Is there a quick way to select all the jpgs in a folder (or PM contact) and then move them to a new folder?
As I see it now I would have to select the jpgs individually from the contact and move them in the "copy" action.  Is there a select...jpg (or other format specific) action? ???javascript:void(0);

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Selecting jpg only
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 06:11:12 PM »
I like to separate my .jpgs from the RAW (NEF) and place them in their own folder.
Is there a quick way to select all the jpgs in a folder (or PM contact) and then move them to a new folder?
As I see it now I would have to select the jpgs individually from the contact and move them in the "copy" action.  Is there a select...jpg (or other format specific) action?

You don't have to separate them and select them separately.  Just select the NEF/JPEG pairs and use the Copy Photos... command on the File menu.  Set the RAW+JPEG handling popup menu to read "Copy JPEG files only" and then check the "Move photos (delete originals)" checkbox.  Then click on the Copy button and choose the destination.

That's it.

-Kirk