Author Topic: SORT BY TIME, USING NIKON D4  (Read 1690 times)

Offline GSPHOTO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SORT BY TIME, USING NIKON D4
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »
 SHOT A BURST 11 FRAMES/SEC THE FRAMES DO NOT FALL IN SEQUENCE WHEN I USE "SORT BY TIME".  IF I SORT BY FILE NUMBER THEY LINE UP BUT IF I AM USING MULTIPLE CAMERAS CAN NOT SORT BY FILE NUMBER AND HAVE THEM ALL IN SEQUENCE, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM, HAVE USED NIKON D800, D3S, AND D3 AND THEY ALL SORT BY TIME NICELY.  IS IT DUE THE TIME STAMP IN CAMERA HAS DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO SEPARATE 11 FRAMES/ SEC .  HAVE USED THIS FEATURE FOR YEARS AND LOVE IT BECAUSE OF MULTIPLE CAMERA USED AT SPORTING EVENTS.  CAMERAS ARE ALWAYS TIME CHECKED BEFORE EVENTS TO THE SEC.

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SORT BY TIME, USING NIKON D4
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 03:45:42 PM »
Looks like this was a bug that was introduced some time ago when we added our sort cache.  PM reads the sub-seconds Exif tag which some manufactures include (e.g Nikon) but not all do.  This is used for sorting by capture time in addition to the normal timestamp (which is only good to the second).  If sorting by capture time and the second (or second+ss) match, then PM is supposed to fall back to filename.  As you pointed out, sorting by filename won't work for multiple camera bodies.  The bug was causing the ss part to always be 00 instead of 00..99.

Anyway, Kirk found the problem and we will update in the next build.  In the meantime, you can try a custom sort by using "{date sort}{timesortlong}" instead.  This might be just a little bit slower.

HTH,

--dennis

Offline GSPHOTO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: SORT BY TIME, USING NIKON D4
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:11:38 AM »
Thanks for your response, as a long time user of PM, I appreciate your efforts.
Gary Shook