Author Topic: showing the Categories input field on iptc  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Pompo

• View Profile
    • Alfonso Bresciani
showing the Categories input field on iptc
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »
I'm creating a New IPTC template but the categories field doesn't show and I don't see how to make it visible. I need to have it shown
with 12 different sets of 3 letters codes that I can choose from  a pull down menu.

Also, I do I set it to load the new IPTC to overwrite my copyright info pulled from my cameras, so the copyright info field on the new IPTC will be blank? Is the only way to get rid of my copyright info on my cameras?

Thanks in advance!  :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: showing the Categories input field on iptc
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »
I'm creating a New IPTC template but the categories field doesn't show and I don't see how to make it visible. I need to have it shown
with 12 different sets of 3 letters codes that I can choose from  a pull down menu.

Do you have your IPTC fields customized to not show the Category field?  Check your settings in the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog.  Make sure it is shown by clicking on the "Customize IPTC Info" and "Customize IPTC Stationery" buttons.  Make sure the field is both Enabled and Visible.

Also, I do I set it to load the new IPTC to overwrite my copyright info pulled from my cameras, so the copyright info field on the new IPTC will be blank? Is the only way to get rid of my copyright info on my cameras?

You can clear the Copyright field with the IPTC Stationery Pad.  Just make it empty and make sure that the check box to the left of the Copyright field is checked.  Then apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to your photos.

-Kirk

Offline Pompo

• View Profile
    • Alfonso Bresciani
Re: showing the Categories input field on iptc
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »
Thanks so much Kirk...