Author Topic: Nikon D4 locked images not being seen as tagged in PM5?  (Read 3692 times)

Offline erikcampos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Nikon D4 locked images not being seen as tagged in PM5?
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
Sometime recently, my Nikon D4 and Photo Mechanic stopped communicating. If I "lock" an image on my D4 using the protection button, then pop the CF card into reader, PM won't see it as a check mark "tagged" image, either as just open contact sheet or during ingest. Nothing is tagged from the shoot…I'm not sure if a box in PM preferences isn't set right or perhaps a custom function in the camera or perhaps a software update??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Running PM 5 build 1541 on 2013 iMac with OS 10.8.5.

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
Re: Nikon D4 locked images not being seen as tagged in PM5?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 02:55:36 PM »
Hi erikcampos,

What shooting mode are you using for your images, RAW+JPG, RAW-only or JPG-only?

Can you post a screen shot of your Photo Mechanic Preferences for the IPTC/XMP section?

If you do a Get Info on a locked image using Finder, does it show it as locked?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:19:29 PM by Brandon »

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
Are you shooting with a CF card or one of those XQD cards in the D4?

I believe that there is a problem with the Mac not seeing the locked status on an XQD card when it is in the card reader.  This is at the OS level, not something that we can fix in PM.

Build 15451 shows locked files as tagged on my Nikons, both when browsing the flash card and after being copied/ingested.

--dennis

Offline erikcampos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:28:48 PM »
I believe I figured out the issue, and it appears its not Photo Mechanic…I shoot NEF+jpeg and backup images to both the CF and XQD card slots. I was pulling the CF cards out for ingest, but as it turns out, the D4 was making the XQD the primary card. The primary card gets the image protection/lock/tag, but not the secondary. So once I went into the Shooting Menu and made the CF slot the primary card, my tags carried over into Photo Mechanic. Problem solved. Thanks to Dennis and Brandon for their quick response!

Offline Dominik Pluess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 02:14:24 AM »
Still same issue with the Nikon D5, but only if you import over apple image capture on 10.14.6. Import with PM does work.