Author Topic: DNG Conversion at Ingest  (Read 5668 times)

Offline ttt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
DNG Conversion at Ingest
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »
I think that it would smoothen the workflow considerably if DNG conversion was an option available at ingest.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: DNG Conversion at Ingest
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:16:28 AM »
Hi,
You mean you would like to convert all your raw files to DNG at ingest time? It doesn't matter if they are no-keepers and you are going to discard them later?
Regardds,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline ttt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:32:14 AM »
I think that it would smoothen the workflow considerably if DNG conversion was an option available at ingest.

You wouldn't have to use it!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:35:04 AM by ttt »

Offline BrendanRead

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 05:57:32 PM »
Yes i agree. DNG conversion at the Ingest stage would be a very useful feature....At present it is a stop turn around and perform another process in my workflow. I convert all Raws to DNG and trash the RAWS. I then edit form there....Having them ingested as DNGs would save that step....

Offline mcoons

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 01:27:44 PM »
Hello,

I know this topic is six months old but I wanted to chime in and say I would love a DNG converter built into the ingest function. It would save a lot of time and space by not having to do it later.

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »
I'll go along with this thread too. I'm still having trouble finding a fast replacement workflow for Nikon CNX2 and to be able to start the workflow with immediately converted DNG files will remove a time consuming unnecessary step and will make me look more closely at Adobe's workflow answers.