Author Topic: PM 5 locks up MBP Retina w/ OS 10.9.2  (Read 1471 times)

Offline avogler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 5 locks up MBP Retina w/ OS 10.9.2
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:02:21 PM »
I've been having an issue with Photo Mechanic the last few months. While editing, scrolling through photos in preview, PM will freeze requiring me to force quit the application. Afterwards either the entire system will lock up requiring me to perform a hard restart or PM will reopen but stall when I attempt to open any folders. Obviously this is VERY inconvenient when editing on deadline.  I'm currently using Version 5.0, build 15451 (86b6bbe) but this issue has been present in the last several builds, just when I'm going to post here a new build comes out and I hope that it will fix the issue, thus far, no joy. There have been no issues with any software other than PM but this has become a daily occurrence. I normally have PM, Chrome and/or Firefox and Photoshop running when this occurs. This is on a MBP Retina w/ 2.3 i7 w/ 16 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram w/ 256 GB Flash HD running OS 10.9.2. Any ideas as to the issue? Thanks.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: PM 5 locks up MBP Retina w/ OS 10.9.2
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:31:01 PM »
Since you have already reinstalled/updated PM a couple of times, we can very likely rule out a bad installation.  As there are many of us running PM without any problem on similar environments as yours, there must be something else on your system causing this.

Perhaps/hopefully it's just a case of your PM preferences gone haywire. Go to the Library folder in your home directory (if you can't find it, press the alt key when in the "Go" menu of the finder, it'll pop up there), rename/move the com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic directory as well as all com.camerabits.*.plist files. When you next start PM again it will start “fresh”.

You will have lost all your settings, of course, but we can always try to recover them from the original preference files later. First we need to determine if this helps at all for your problem…

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl