Author Topic: Locked photos will not ingest ????  (Read 4001 times)

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
Locked photos will not ingest ????
« on: May 15, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »
Using a Canon 1D-X, tested by taking three photos.  In the camera I hit the lock on the 2nd photo only and the screen shows the lock key.
Remove CF and connect it to the MacBook
Ingest window pops up, I select Copy only locked files (BTW I tried this with the incremental ingest on and with it off, no diff)
Hit ingest, get a green bar, a beep/click but nothing shows in the contact sheet and looking further the subfolder for the month's day is NOT created.
ONLY when I change the ingest window setting back to both locked and unlocked does ingest actually work.

Know I'm a bit green on all of this but after an hour attempting to make this work, I'm flat stuck.

Need some help please.

Matt

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Locked photos will not ingest ????
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »
Matt,

Using a Canon 1D-X, tested by taking three photos.  In the camera I hit the lock on the 2nd photo only and the screen shows the lock key.
Remove CF and connect it to the MacBook
Ingest window pops up, I select Copy only locked files (BTW I tried this with the incremental ingest on and with it off, no diff)
Hit ingest, get a green bar, a beep/click but nothing shows in the contact sheet and looking further the subfolder for the month's day is NOT created.
ONLY when I change the ingest window setting back to both locked and unlocked does ingest actually work.

If you browse the files with the Finder, and Get Info on them, do they show as locked?

-Kirk

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »
Looked at all three files ingested (with copy locked & unlocked) and none have the locked box checked via Get Info
Looked at the actual files on the CF card and none have the locked box checked via Get info
BUT - put the card back into the 1D-X and review the 3 photos and the 2nd one is showing the keylock.

Matt

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
Matt,

Looked at all three files ingested (with copy locked & unlocked) and none have the locked box checked via Get Info
Looked at the actual files on the CF card and none have the locked box checked via Get info
BUT - put the card back into the 1D-X and review the 3 photos and the 2nd one is showing the keylock.

If the images don't show up as locked through the file system, then PM won't see them as locked.  And if you have Ingest set to only download locked files, then then only those files that appear locked on the file system will be downloaded.  Since none of your images are showing up as locked once the card is mounted on your computer, PM won't download them.

Check the disk for a EOSMISC folder and see if it has a file with the extension .CTG on it.  If so, could you post it here?  Also, it would be interesting to rename the .CTG file so that the camera doesn't see it anymore and then make note of whether the 2nd file is no longer locked.

-Kirk

-Kirk

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 04:43:18 PM »
Here is the CTG file

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46:30 PM »
You wouldn't happen to be using two cards at the same time (primary and backup)? I think there was an issue (maybe Nikon) where the camera would only lock files on the primary card and not the secondary backup card.

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »
I am using 2 CF cards BUT was always using the 1st card to ingest from.

Tried renaming the CFG to .001  put card back in but the 2nd photo still shows the keylock HOWEVER, if I remove the 2nd CF card then the 2nd photo DOES NOT show a keylock.

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »
Here is the CTG file

I don't know the format of this file but I do see a repeating pattern of 10 bytes, with a sequential first byte (C8, C9, CA) but the remaining 9 bytes of this repeating data is exactly the same.  So I don't think this is holding the "lock" status of files.

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 04:53:10 PM »
I am using 2 CF cards BUT was always using the 1st card to ingest from.

Tried renaming the CFG to .001  put card back in but the 2nd photo still shows the keylock HOWEVER, if I remove the 2nd CF card then the 2nd photo DOES NOT show a keylock.

Sounds like the camera is only locking on the 2nd card.

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »
BINGO!  Dennis wins the prize!

Sure enough, checked card #2 and the 2nd photo Get Info shows locked.  You were correct, only the 2nd card seems to have the lock photo which PM happily ingests and in turn sets the flag to on. 

Note to self :o :  always use the 2nd card if you want to ingest locked photos only

Thanks Dennis   ;)

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »
BINGO!  Dennis wins the prize!

Actually I checked with Brandon and he suggested this, so Brandon wins the prize!  ;)

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
There are SO MANY people who rely on this functionality it would be hell here if this was broken.  But we do occasionally hear about this type of problem, and so now we know (thanks to this thread) that we need to ask if there is a backup card involved before we scratch our heads too much…

Glad you are all set.