Author Topic: draging thumbnails  (Read 2987 times)

Offline stewart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
draging thumbnails
« on: January 10, 2007, 07:19:58 AM »
Just realized I put the post in the wrong forum. Sorry! My post is:
Hi. I am trying the demo version of Photo Mechanic and almost out of time. There are two questions that I have.
 1. Does PM support updating of NEF files? When viewing NEF files in the thumbnail and preview, the image seems to be dull compared to the image when viewed in NX.
2. Is there a way to drag thumbnails to reposition them on the contact sheet? I find this usefull when reviewing images. Thanks for your help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: draging thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 07:41:36 AM »
Hi. I am trying the demo version of Photo Mechanic and almost out of time. There are two questions that I have.
 1. Does PM support updating of NEF files? When viewing NEF files in the thumbnail and preview, the image seems to be dull compared to the image when viewed in NX.

Photo Mechanic is in general not a RAW rendering tool.  On current versions of Mac OS X we can render RAW files via ImageIO (which Apple's Aperture uses).  On Windows we have no RAW rendering capability at all.

Generally people use Photo Mechanic for Ingesting, Captioning, Culling, and FTP uploading.  If they shoot RAW then they use another tool to render the best shots as TIFF, PSD, or JPEG.  Photo Mechanic excels at the things it does and works well as a launcher to other tools.  You can customize which tool is used for each file type that Photo Mechanic supports.

Quote from: stewart
2. Is there a way to drag thumbnails to reposition them on the contact sheet? I find this usefull when reviewing images.

Not currently, but that feature will appear in version 4.5 of Photo Mechanic.  I finished that feature a while ago.  Photo Mechanic 4.5 will ship during the first quarter of 2007.

HTH,

-Kirk