Author Topic: navigator doesnt show some folders - Win 7  (Read 3410 times)

Offline fearless

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
navigator doesnt show some folders - Win 7
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:56 PM »
some subfolders wont show up.  Icon is the normal windows 7 and it appears all other folders are there.  I can only open by going to File>open and locating in windows explorer. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: navigator doesnt show some folders - Win 7
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »
some subfolders wont show up.  Icon is the normal windows 7 and it appears all other folders are there.  I can only open by going to File>open and locating in windows explorer.

What kind of folders won't show up?  It's hard to help you if you don't tell me what kinds of folders don't show up.  The more information you supply about your problem, the more likely I'll be able to help you.

-Kirk

Offline fearless

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 07:06:31 AM »
thanks for replying.  Here is a screenshot of the navigator and one of windows explorer so you can see which folder does not show up in the navigator.   Folder properties are the same as all the others so am baffled as to why this one is overlooked.  Of course, it is the one I need to access very often...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 07:57:53 AM »
I am also baffled as to why it wouldn't show a sibling folder of all of the other folders in that path.  I have no solution or workaround for you, but if you're willing to run a test build with some logging code that I'll add to try and find out why it isn't included, I'll provide one for you.  Basically, you'll download a new build from a link I'll give you, follow some test instructions, and give me back a log file which I will analyze to try and determine what is going on.

Let me know if you're interested.

-Kirk

Offline fearless

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 08:14:21 AM »
absolutely.  I appreciate your efforts.  Not the first time this has happened but the first time I got around to writing about it.  I had checked the forum as I thought for sure this wasn't just happening to me.  Also, a drive which was partitioned didn't show all the partitions and for a fleeting moment I thought I had accidentally erased the partition!   I did change the name of the folder to HS - which worked.  Folder showed up.... for a while.  Then a subfolder disappeared which I knew I had created!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 09:32:49 AM »
absolutely.  I appreciate your efforts.  Not the first time this has happened but the first time I got around to writing about it.  I had checked the forum as I thought for sure this wasn't just happening to me.  Also, a drive which was partitioned didn't show all the partitions and for a fleeting moment I thought I had accidentally erased the partition!   I did change the name of the folder to HS - which worked.  Folder showed up.... for a while.  Then a subfolder disappeared which I knew I had created!

I'm on vacation for the next four days.  I'll try and get something out to you on Tuesday.

-Kirk