Author Topic: Zenfolio Upload Issue  (Read 3255 times)

Offline dcmontgomery

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Zenfolio Upload Issue
« on: May 23, 2014, 04:58:09 AM »
Is there a way to create a nested view when uploading to Zenfolio.  For someone with a lot of galleries having every single one of them appear when you go to choose a gallery to upload to is a pain.  With the Photoshelter Uploader, the collections and galleries are nested in that you see collections before galleries.  With the uploader for Zenfolio in Photo Mechanic, you see everything and that begins to slow the system down when you have a lot of galleries.

See the Photoshelter uploader attachment to see how I only see the galleries in the collections I choose.

With the Zenfolio attachment, you see every single gallery appear.  For someone who shoots 30+ weddings a year, most with engagements and with each wedding and engagement coming with at least two galleries, you can see how this would add up quickly and get difficult.

So is there any way to create a nested system so that only the collections or in the case of Zenfolio, groups, appear when you need them.  My guess is that would cut down on uploading time as Photo Mechanic would not need to load every single gallery.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Zenfolio Upload Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 06:12:45 AM »
Is there a way to create a nested view when uploading to Zenfolio.  For someone with a lot of galleries having every single one of them appear when you go to choose a gallery to upload to is a pain.  With the Photoshelter Uploader, the collections and galleries are nested in that you see collections before galleries.  With the uploader for Zenfolio in Photo Mechanic, you see everything and that begins to slow the system down when you have a lot of galleries.

See the Photoshelter uploader attachment to see how I only see the galleries in the collections I choose.

With the Zenfolio attachment, you see every single gallery appear.  For someone who shoots 30+ weddings a year, most with engagements and with each wedding and engagement coming with at least two galleries, you can see how this would add up quickly and get difficult.

So is there any way to create a nested system so that only the collections or in the case of Zenfolio, groups, appear when you need them.  My guess is that would cut down on uploading time as Photo Mechanic would not need to load every single gallery.

The Photoshelter upload template in PM5 looks quite similar to the one in your screenshot.  The Zenfolio upload template could quite likely be updated to work similarly.

-Kirk

Offline dcmontgomery

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 06:25:07 AM »
Hi Kirk.  I apologize for not listing my version of PM.  I have PM 5.0 build 15011 (54772e6) running on Mac 10.8.5.

So are you saying that a future version of PM could be updated to be similar to the Photoshelter upload process as it appears in PM in the attached image?  If so, that would be such an improvement IMHO.  I've just switched to Zenfolio for my wedding business and I'm only through uploading one year.  Multiple years of this makes me worried about how much lag PM will endure to load every single gallery as indicated in the screenshot from my original post.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:29:06 AM »
Hi Kirk.  I apologize for not listing my version of PM.  I have PM 5.0 build 15011 (54772e6) running on Mac 10.8.5.

So are you saying that a future version of PM could be updated to be similar to the Photoshelter upload process as it appears in PM in the attached image?

Yes.  I have written it up as a task in our development tracking system, but I cannot give you a projected date for completion.

Please update your version of PM to the latest build which currently is build 15451.

-Kirk