Author Topic: Lightroom 5 does not select PM selects for import  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Stephanie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Lightroom 5 does not select PM selects for import
« on: May 27, 2014, 06:45:02 AM »
I'm a new user.  I selected photos after ingest to PM using a color class system, clicked on the color class on the bottom right so that only my selects showed, used Ctl-A to select all of those selects, then Ctl-E to export to lightroom (which I've set in preferences).  When LR opens, only one photo shows up selected (and it seems that which photo shows up changes--it is always one near the beginning of my series).  How do I get all of my PM selects to be selected for import in LR?  I just can't figure out what step I'm missing...thank you!

Offline Stephanie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Lightroom 5 does not select PM selects for import
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:48:10 AM »
Sorry, didn't see the please-read.  Using Photo Mechanic 5 and Lightroom 5 on a PC, windows 7 64-bit.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:50:13 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 07:13:13 AM »
Stephanie,

I'm a new user.  I selected photos after ingest to PM using a color class system, clicked on the color class on the bottom right so that only my selects showed, used Ctl-A to select all of those selects, then Ctl-E to export to lightroom (which I've set in preferences).  When LR opens, only one photo shows up selected (and it seems that which photo shows up changes--it is always one near the beginning of my series).  How do I get all of my PM selects to be selected for import in LR?  I just can't figure out what step I'm missing...thank you!

Use drag-and-drop.  Lightroom ignores all images but one when a group is sent to it via the OS messaging systems.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Stephanie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 07:16:46 AM »
Wow, I wouldn't have thought to drag and drop in a million years. thank you!