Author Topic: Adjust Capture Dates and Times not working?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline DaveBurbank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adjust Capture Dates and Times not working?
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
Please help me understand the  Adjust Capture Dates and Times command. I believe I've used it in the past with success but I can't make it work the way I want tonight.

Using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15451 (86b6bbe) on a Mac running 10.8.5

I want to adjust the capture date and time of all 100 images.

I select 100 images and open the Adjust Capture Dates and Times window.

I enter the correct date/time for the displayed photo using either the relative or absolute adjustment features and click Adjust Photos.

After the photos are adjusted every one of them has the exact same capture date and time. Am I doing something wrong? I want all the dates/times adjusted relative to the one displayed.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adjust Capture Dates and Times not working?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:28:37 PM »
Please help me understand the  Adjust Capture Dates and Times command. I believe I've used it in the past with success but I can't make it work the way I want tonight.

Using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15451 (86b6bbe) on a Mac running 10.8.5

I want to adjust the capture date and time of all 100 images.

I select 100 images and open the Adjust Capture Dates and Times window.

I enter the correct date/time for the displayed photo using either the relative or absolute adjustment features and click Adjust Photos.

After the photos are adjusted every one of them has the exact same capture date and time. Am I doing something wrong? I want all the dates/times adjusted relative to the one displayed.

I just tested the Adjust command with a random sample set of photos and they were all adjusted independently and by the same relative amount.

What kind of images are you trying to adjust?

-Kirk

Offline DaveBurbank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 03:16:24 AM »
RAW images from an Olympus OM-D E-M1. I appreciate you looking into this Kirk. You guys are awesome.

I'm happy to zip 10 of the files and put them on my Amazon S3 space for you to download if you want.

Sent from my SM-N900V

Offline DaveBurbank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 04:13:36 AM »
Kirk:  You will be happy to hear that the problem is at my end and not with PM. It turns out that with the OM-D E-M1 if the battery is out long enough causing the clock to reset, all photos taken will have the exact same capture date and time until the clock is set. I'm sorry to have wasted your time.