Author Topic: There must be any easier way to reset the {sequence}?  (Read 3487 times)

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
There must be any easier way to reset the {sequence}?
« on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
I use the {sequence} variable a lot to both rename images and when emailing them. I seem to have to click around a lot to reset the sequence number, isn't there/ couldn't there be an easier way?

For example: I have a set of pictures which the client wants named "Nice Photo 01.jpg and so on. I bring up the 'Rename Photos' dialog where I have saved a string for this client {Headline} {Seqn}. First I have to click 'Set {seqn} variable...', click 'Reset', click 'OK' then I can finally click 'Rename'.

It would be a lot easier if there were a reset button in the 'Rename Photos' dialog window (with the assumption I wan to reset to 01 or 001 depending on the current number). Other apps do this, Apple's Aperture springs to mind.

Once I have my pictures renamed and want to email them I send them using 'Send Photos by email' where I also have a setting saved for my client with their email address and the subject line '{transref} {headline} - {sequence} of {total}'. An d guess what mostly happens, I forget to reset the sequence number. And when I do remember I have to go through that multi click routine again rather than just one click in the 'email photos' window...

A little anti-clockwise arrow icon to reset the sequence number on those dialogs would be lovely. Please.

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: There must be any easier way to reset the {sequence}?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »
David,

I use the {sequence} variable a lot to both rename images and when emailing them. I seem to have to click around a lot to reset the sequence number, isn't there/ couldn't there be an easier way?

For example: I have a set of pictures which the client wants named "Nice Photo 01.jpg and so on. I bring up the 'Rename Photos' dialog where I have saved a string for this client {Headline} {Seqn}. First I have to click 'Set {seqn} variable...', click 'Reset', click 'OK' then I can finally click 'Rename'.

If you hold down the "Modifier Key" (Option on Mac, Shift on Windows) you can click on the Set.. button and it will reset the sequence with a single click.  This has been a feature of PM for more than ten years. ;)

-Kirk

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 10:57:34 AM »
Excellent! Now all I need to do if find the list of 'option' modifications I can make. Anything like the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' PDF which I printed out?

Thanks again though, that tip will save me frustration.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 11:17:09 AM »
David,

Excellent! Now all I need to do if find the list of 'option' modifications I can make. Anything like the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' PDF which I printed out?

Thanks again though, that tip will save me frustration.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Modifier_Key

The whole manual is worth a read.  Click on the [top] links to see the entire table of contents.

-Kirk