Author Topic: saving images  (Read 7721 times)

Offline zambubba

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
saving images
« on: January 26, 2007, 10:06:34 AM »
I just downloaded the trial version.  I like it but I am wondering if there is a way to save an image after adjusting and rotating?  all I can find is a "save as" option.  Wich saves an a to the image and automatically makes a copy.    Can I save over the original file?
Thanks,

zambubba

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: saving images
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »
zambubba,

I just downloaded the trial version.  I like it but I am wondering if there is a way to save an image after adjusting and rotating?  all I can find is a "save as" option.  Wich saves an a to the image and automatically makes a copy.    Can I save over the original file?

No.  We emphatically do not want you to lose your original files.

-Kirk

Offline zambubba

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 01:04:58 PM »
I save all my images to a disk before I touch the file to be edited.  What I am trying to do is save edited pics back in a file without saving duplicates with an "a" attached.
I guess that is not possible huh?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »
I save all my images to a disk before I touch the file to be edited.  What I am trying to do is save edited pics back in a file without saving duplicates with an "a" attached.
I guess that is not possible huh?

Saving over a file is not possible.  You can save to a different directory if you like.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 03:40:03 AM »
Thanks,

zambubba

Any IPTC data you add is embedded straight away, without needing to be saved separately, and if you want to save the rotations, you can use Tools>Apply Rotation... to have the jpegs losslessly rotated.  The only other adjustment I think you can do in PM is cropping, but for that there is no 'apply crop' tool or equivalent so I usually do all my cropping in Photoshop when fixing levels, dust spots, etc.