Author Topic: IPTC Data - Disable automatic loading of info  (Read 6207 times)

Offline si barber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Data - Disable automatic loading of info
« on: January 12, 2007, 02:25:41 AM »
A small but irritating issue; PM is automatically loading the IPTC data from the last job when I open up a new set of images. Im sure its possible to disable this, but I cant find it.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Data - Disable automatic loading of info
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 06:49:44 AM »
A small but irritating issue; PM is automatically loading the IPTC data from the last job when I open up a new set of images. Im sure its possible to disable this, but I cant find it.

I don't follow.  Is this during Ingest?  Are you talking about the IPTC Stationery Pad?

If the answer is yes to both of these, then you can just turn off the "Apply IPTC Stationery Pad To Photos" checkbox in the Ingest dialog.

Please explain the situation further.

-Kirk

Offline si barber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:08:22 AM »
Yes sorry,  what I mean is that when I drop a folder on PM it automatically ingests the IPTC stationary pad from the previous job, although I leave the 'Apply  IPTC stationary pad info' unchecked.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 08:56:09 AM »
Yes sorry,  what I mean is that when I drop a folder on PM it automatically ingests the IPTC stationary pad from the previous job, although I leave the 'Apply  IPTC stationary pad info' unchecked.

When you drop a folder onto the Photo Mechanic application icon, it merely opens the folder as a Contact Sheet.  It is not Ingesting.  The IPTC Stationery Pad is 'global': it will have the same contents as the last time you used it.  This is by design.

Or am I still misunderstanding?

-Kirk