Author Topic: See raw adjustments, made in Bridge, in PM  (Read 6841 times)

Offline vincent

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
See raw adjustments, made in Bridge, in PM
« on: January 11, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »
Hello,

I have a problem viewing raw adjustments made in Bridge.
I have 400 studio images updated with a specific raw adjustment. In Bridge i see them updated, but not when i view the folder in PM. What setting do i have to adjust, or how can i run one adjustment over several images. And see the updated raw files in PM?
Maybe a simple answer, but i cannot figure out what i'm doing wrong.
Thanx,
Vincent

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: See raw adjustments, made in Bridge, in PM
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
Vincent,

I have a problem viewing raw adjustments made in Bridge.
I have 400 studio images updated with a specific raw adjustment. In Bridge i see them updated, but not when i view the folder in PM. What setting do i have to adjust, or how can i run one adjustment over several images. And see the updated raw files in PM?
Maybe a simple answer, but i cannot figure out what i'm doing wrong.

In order for Photo Mechanic to do what you're asking for, we would have to be able to use the Adobe RAW rendering system which they do not share with outside companies.  It's just not possible.

Sorry.

-Kirk

Offline vincent

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »
 :-\ i'm sorry too hear so. viewing and sorting is much faster in PM than in Bridge.
I will find an other workflow orso.
Thanx for the fast reply.
vincent
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 02:17:13 PM by vincent »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »
Vincent,

:-\ i'm sorry too hear so. viewing and sorting is much faster in PM than in Bridge.
I will find an other workflow orso.

Photo Mechanic's best strengths are downloading (Ingest), captioning (IPTC Stationery Pad, IPTC Info), tagging, culling (Preview), and uploading (FTP As, PhotoShelter Upload).  It also works very well as a launcher for ACR and other RAW converters.

So what we generally recommend is to use Photo Mechanic as the hub of your workflow, and your RAW converter to produce TIFFs, PSDs or JPEGs which you can further use with Photo Mechanic to complete your workflow.

Also, if you want to use the DNG format, I believe that adjustments will update the embedded previews in the DNG files which will show as adjusted in Photo Mechanic.

HTH,

-Kirk
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 02:55:45 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline kwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 01:54:30 PM »
Vincent,

If seeing the Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) adjustments you apply in PS or Bridge is critical, you might consider converting your raw files to Adobe's DNG raw format. In Bridge/ACR, you can elect to have the preview updated to reflect the current raw adjustments. You can also choose how big the preview is.

There is a spirited discussion about the pros and cons of converting to DNG, so read up on it before making the jump, but seeing a current preview is definitely one of the benefits.

Kevin