Author Topic: SOLVED:Minor: IPTC field Urgency gets set to 0 even if you don't set it anywhere  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Since I am abandoning Capture NX2 as my editor of choice, there is no need for me to synchronise the Urgency field with the ColorClass any longer. I have therefore unchecked box "Synchronise Color Class with IPTC/XMP Urgency field".

This works well and I can now set urgency independent from the color class, or leave it off altogether. However, I did notice that if I change the color class of a new file (one without existing Urgency), PM still creates the IPTC Urgency field with a value (0). Note: it does not create the corresponding XMP field (which it does correctly when you do specify an Urgency)

I think the creation of the IPTC field is a small oversight in the code somewhere and even though it is relatively harmless (0 is basically no urgency), perhaps it is better not to generate the field at all?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:50:46 PM by Hayo Baan »
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Hayo,

I found the problem and fixed it.  PM was trying to "sanitize" this urgency field and didn't like a zero length (or missing) value in XMP.

Thanks again!

--dennis

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Hi Dennis,

Excellent, the new code seems to work well for me!
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl