Author Topic: Routing problem with photo mechanic  (Read 6866 times)

Offline Ianmac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Routing problem with photo mechanic
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:05:54 AM »
Hi,
I had a problem with my MAC and had to buy a new one and a new version of Photo Mechanic, I do work for Getty and had to get them to send me a caption (I dont use gift but build my own captions) as I had lost them all.
I was shooting a PGA Golf event and now even tho I start with a new caption the desk always come back to me saying I need to loose the PGA Golf routing, this means nothing to me as I have no idea how to set up the routing?
Can anyone help ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Routing problem with photo mechanic
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:03:41 PM »
Hi,
I had a problem with my MAC and had to buy a new one and a new version of Photo Mechanic, I do work for Getty and had to get them to send me a caption (I dont use gift but build my own captions) as I had lost them all.
I was shooting a PGA Golf event and now even tho I start with a new caption the desk always come back to me saying I need to loose the PGA Golf routing, this means nothing to me as I have no idea how to set up the routing?
Can anyone help ?

My guess would be that you've loaded one of their older IPT/XMP files into your IPTC Stationery Pad and don't have the Getty fields shown.  So when you apply the IPTC Stationery Pad it is adding on that invisible field to your images.  In the Accessibility section of the PM Preferences, check your IPTC dialog customizations and make sure you're showing the Getty fields (or whatever field this 'routing' field is.)  Then check your captions.  You can clear out that field in the IPTC Stationery Pad and then apply the blanked out field to your images and it will clear them.  (Make sure you don't have any other fields set to apply their data or you could wipe out/replace data that you don't want changed!)

-Kirk

Offline Ianmac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »
Thanks Kirk -
That has helped hugely I have found the "Getty" routing fields - However I can only see them when I view the caption details via the "i" button on the bottom left of each thumbnail - however when I go in through the stationary pad I cannot see the boxes where this info is contained?
This is important to me as this it how I add my captions ?

Regards,
Ian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
Ian,

Thanks Kirk -
That has helped hugely I have found the "Getty" routing fields - However I can only see them when I view the caption details via the "i" button on the bottom left of each thumbnail - however when I go in through the stationary pad I cannot see the boxes where this info is contained?
This is important to me as this it how I add my captions ?

Did you customize the IPTC Stationery Pad to show the Getty fields?

-Kirk

Offline Ianmac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 07:02:38 AM »
Hi Kirk -
No I didn't - how would I do that ?

Ian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »
Ian,

No I didn't - how would I do that ?

In the Accessibility section of the PM Preferences, check your IPTC dialog customizations and make sure you're showing the Getty fields (or whatever field this 'routing' field is.)

-Kirk

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 10:45:05 PM »
Hi Reading above,Ii have enabled the Getty Fields n IPTC but it just shows the title Getty images nothing below.
I am running version 5 of PM
What am i doing wrong?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 10:59:11 PM »
How about posting a picture of your Customize IPTC dialog showing the various Getty fields?  I bet you still have them hidden.

-Kirk