Author Topic: FlickR upload authorization message  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Ed Episcopo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FlickR upload authorization message
« on: June 28, 2014, 10:43:33 AM »
I get the following message when trying to upload photos to FlickR: 'Unable to upload: The selected account has not been authorized for use with FlickR. Please click the authorized button.'

I noticed that FlickR has applied an update to their site in the last couple of days, but I have no problem accessing their web site and my account directly. I am also able to upload photos from LightRoom 5.5 with no problems. I downloaded and installed the latest version of PM this afternoon, rebooted my PC and the problem is still there. I get the message after clicking SEND. I've also tried clicking the AUTHORIZE button as the message indicates, but it doesn't solve the problem. I can upload photos from LR5, but I prefer PM, since I have more control over the upload. Is there a way to correct this issue? Thanks.

Offline starsphinx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: FlickR upload authorization message
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »
I am having the same problem - it says no permission and to press authorize, I press authorize and nothing happens.  I tried starting from scratch by deleting the setting and removing photo mechanic from permissions on flickr but that has just made it worse - I am getting the same message to press authorize, and still nothing is happening but now flickr has not got PM on its list to try from that end.

tstepp

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 03:06:50 PM »
Hello, Flickr has recently made an update to their API that required some work on our end. We have tested a solution and it will be available in our next build release. We apologize for the temporary downtime for this uploader and will make sure to touch base with you once the new build is available.

In the meantime, you can replace the template-main.rb file located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic 5\builtin_templates\upload\Flickr\ (Windows) or /Applications/Photo Mechanic 5.app/Contents/builtin_templates/upload/Flickr (Mac) with the file attached to this post.

Thanks for using Photo Mechanic and have a great day!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:40:50 PM »
Thanks!  Working now.

Ralph

tstepp

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:44:36 PM »
Excellent!

Offline Ed Episcopo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:52:54 PM »
The down loaded file also fixed my FlickR upload problem.

Thanks!

Offline Martin Lamb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 02:52:50 PM »
Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15451, OSX 10.9.3, Intel-based MacBook Pro.

Tried replacing the template-main.rb file but now Flickr has disappeared from the "Selected Uploader" dropdown list in the "File Uploader" dialog window. I must have unintentionally changed something! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin Lamb

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 04:53:24 PM »
Martin,

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15451, OSX 10.9.3, Intel-based MacBook Pro.

Tried replacing the template-main.rb file but now Flickr has disappeared from the "Selected Uploader" dropdown list in the "File Uploader" dialog window. I must have unintentionally changed something! Any suggestions?

Download the attached file in Tim's post and try again?

-Kirk

Offline Martin Lamb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 12:37:12 PM »
Hi Kirk,

All now working after re-downloading the file as you suggested.

Thanks

Martin