Author Topic: Capture One 7.2.1 & color labels  (Read 5518 times)

Offline Jen Mack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Capture One 7.2.1 & color labels
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:49 AM »
There seems to be a workaround, if you set PM up like this. Then in C1, have prefs Image -> Metadata -> Full sync with both option boxes ticked.

The only thing that doesn't work is if you use labels #4 or #8, they show up as 'none' in C1, and if you set the color to purple in C1, PM will force it back to pink.

This is something that Phase is doing oddly, but it's a way to get it working for now.

Hope this helps someone.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline robert s.

• View Profile
Re: Capture One 7.2.1 & color labels
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 04:07:32 AM »
Hy Jenny,

these settings are not working on my Computer. Newest PM (5.15451) and C1 7.22.

In C1 I see the ratings, the Metadata (IPTC), but not the color classes.

Has something changed (in PM or C1) since April 2014?
Greetings from Germany,
Robert

Hope is not the conviction that something wil turn out well,
but the cercainty, that someting makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:04:20 AM »
(I don't have C1, so I'm not sure if this is helpful but…) Have you lined up the names (and numbers) of the labels inside C1 exactly as specified?
With Adobe Products you have to use the exact name of the labels otherwise they won't match, perhaps you need to do something similar in C1?

HTH,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »
Mac ML and C1 7.2.2, last PM

PM Colors are seen by C1 only if they are given before opening C1 for the first time.
#4 and #8 are unuseful.
I changed PM colors  so there are same as C1 colors.
No prolblem

Best regards
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Jen Mack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »
Also, there's a Capture One bug that will cause the color labels to be unstable. I've reported this to Phase One, but no idea when a fix will happen.

This happens when using sidecar .xmp files:

To duplicate, change the color to purple, and then select another image. You’ll see the color on the original image change to pink. It doesn’t matter what the starting color is, purple will always turn to pink. Sometimes you have to wait a second or two for the file write to happen. But it does happen every time.

If I set the Auto Sync pref to ‘Load’ it works correctly, inside of C1. Then if you set purple, it will stay purple, even if you use the sync command. But the .xmp file that’s written has the error. Choosing to reload the metadata will change the color to pink.

I’ve narrowed this down to a bug that when writing out the .xmp, C1 will use the Urgency field to track colors, and it writes ‘5’ for pink. But it also writes ‘5’ for purple on output, so on reload, it goes back to pink. Which was defined as ‘5’.

Some quick testing by editing the .xmp file directly shows that purple should probably be ‘4’ but when changed to that, C1 chooses the label ‘none.’ This is annoying, in that you can nuke your labels with a wrong color choice.