Author Topic: Incremental ingest issue?  (Read 3671 times)

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Incremental ingest issue?
« on: July 25, 2014, 08:29:23 AM »
Hi,

I was ingesting images during a long assignment the other day with incremental ingest checkbox on.  I was renaming the images after each ingest.  I was not formatting the card.  I discovered images that were already ingested were being reingested on subsequent ingests.  I haven't had this issue before and wondering what I might be doing differently.  I am on PM5 buildi 15451. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Incremental ingest issue?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 09:19:43 AM »
Hi,

I was ingesting images during a long assignment the other day with incremental ingest checkbox on.  I was renaming the images after each ingest.  I was not formatting the card.  I discovered images that were already ingested were being reingested on subsequent ingests.  I haven't had this issue before and wondering what I might be doing differently.  I am on PM5 buildi 15451.

Is the card write-protected?  If PM can't write its identifier to the card, it cannot track the files it has downloaded.  Or if you have reset PM's preferences/deleted its cache folder, the tracking information would be lost as well.

-Kirk

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »
Thanks.  It was a CF card.  IIRC, PM adds a letter at end of filename if ingesting same file with incremental ingest off, right?  I didn't delete the prefs or delete cache folder. 

I had to manually delete each duplicate using the Gemini duplicate finding app the next day..  It was tedious process.

I am trying to find out what triggered this as it happened at the very stressful moment when I was shooting pool on a late assignment.

Hi,

Is the card write-protected?  If PM can't write its identifier to the card, it cannot track the files it has downloaded.  Or if you have reset PM's preferences/deleted its cache folder, the tracking information would be lost as well.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 05:43:34 PM »
Thanks.  It was a CF card.  IIRC, PM adds a letter at end of filename if ingesting same file with incremental ingest off, right?  I didn't delete the prefs or delete cache folder. 

It depends on your renaming collision settings.  Other choices are to append digits in two different ways.

-Kirk