Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

IPTC Data - Disable automatic loading of info

(1/1)

si barber:
A small but irritating issue; PM is automatically loading the IPTC data from the last job when I open up a new set of images. Im sure its possible to disable this, but I cant find it.

Thanks

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: si barber on January 12, 2007, 02:25:41 AM ---A small but irritating issue; PM is automatically loading the IPTC data from the last job when I open up a new set of images. Im sure its possible to disable this, but I cant find it.
--- End quote ---

I don't follow.  Is this during Ingest?  Are you talking about the IPTC Stationery Pad?

If the answer is yes to both of these, then you can just turn off the "Apply IPTC Stationery Pad To Photos" checkbox in the Ingest dialog.

Please explain the situation further.

-Kirk

si barber:
Yes sorry,  what I mean is that when I drop a folder on PM it automatically ingests the IPTC stationary pad from the previous job, although I leave the 'Apply  IPTC stationary pad info' unchecked.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: si barber on January 12, 2007, 08:08:22 AM ---Yes sorry,  what I mean is that when I drop a folder on PM it automatically ingests the IPTC stationary pad from the previous job, although I leave the 'Apply  IPTC stationary pad info' unchecked.

--- End quote ---

When you drop a folder onto the Photo Mechanic application icon, it merely opens the folder as a Contact Sheet.  It is not Ingesting.  The IPTC Stationery Pad is 'global': it will have the same contents as the last time you used it.  This is by design.

Or am I still misunderstanding?

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version