Author Topic: Wacom tablet mouse scroll not working in contact sheet window  (Read 9737 times)

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

For some reason my old Wacom ET-0405A-U tablet mouse scroll does not work in PM contact sheet window. It works in all other apps I have so far tried and it works in the PM Navigator window.

I am not able to say if it worked in previous PM version as I just recently found the tablet and started to use it again...and don't know for sure if I used scroll functionality recently.

I have iMac27 with OSX 10.9.4 and the latest PM 5.0 build 15800.

BR. Toni

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Wacom tablet mouse scroll not working in contact sheet window
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
Toni,

Try adjusting the scroll wheel sensitivity in the Contact Sheet section of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog.  You may have to make a similar adjustment in the Preview section as well.

-Kirk

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:18:16 PM »
Hi,

I tried that now. The sensitivity setting for Contact Sheet did not help.

I tried and mouse scroll works fine in Preview.

Toni

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
Toni,

I tried that now. The sensitivity setting for Contact Sheet did not help.

I tried and mouse scroll works fine in Preview.

You pushed the slider all the way to the right?

It's odd that it works in the Preview but not in the Contact Sheet.  When you say it works in the Preview, are you talking about the thumbnail strip or panning zoomed previews?

-Kirk

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:47:01 AM »
Yes, I pushed it all the way right just like in Preview. But it does not help. I tried also left and middle etc, but they did not have any effect either.

It works in Preview thumbnail strip. If I zoom a preview it does not pan, instead it changes picture to next/previous depending on which way I scroll. If I change the sensitivity for Preview to left, then it stops working there as well.

edit:
I found the pan/advance selection from Preview preferences, and if I change it to Pan, it does not work while I have zoomed into a picture.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:29:52 AM by tokurvin »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 10:11:16 AM »
OK.  I suspect that the values coming from your tablet are so small that they don't scale to any integer value.  Have you tried setting your tablet's preferences such that the scrolling is faster or more sensitive?

-Kirk

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »
Hi.

No, I had not done that. So I tried that as well. I tried both slow and fast and no difference.

I don't understand how the values can be too small if it works fine in all other apps and also in Navigator and Preview?

I did find a somewhat poor substitute - it is possible to add keystrokes to the mouse scroll instead of scroll movement. So I added up- and down-arrows instead. So it works somehow now in Contact Sheet, but unfortunately it works worse in Navigator.

I hope we can still figure out a better solution...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 11:44:29 AM »
Hi.

No, I had not done that. So I tried that as well. I tried both slow and fast and no difference.

I don't understand how the values can be too small if it works fine in all other apps and also in Navigator and Preview?

I did find a somewhat poor substitute - it is possible to add keystrokes to the mouse scroll instead of scroll movement. So I added up- and down-arrows instead. So it works somehow now in Contact Sheet, but unfortunately it works worse in Navigator.

I hope we can still figure out a better solution...

Because PM has its own way of handling scroll wheel movements.  I'll have to make you a build that logs your scroll wheel values to figure out what is going on.  I'll get to that on Monday.

-Kirk

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
Got it, thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:35 AM »
Toni,

Please download and test this build with your Wacom tablet:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic5R15804.dmg

If it doesn't solve your problem, no matter how you adjust the scrolling sensitivities then we will have to do some logging.  There is a logging facility built into PM5.  You need to create a plain text file named PMDebug.txt and it has to be in PM's Preferences folder.

PM's Preferences folder will be in the following location:

~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/

Unfortunately Apple decided a few OS versions ago to hide the Library folder within your home folder.  You can still get there though by using the "Go to Folder..." command on the Go menu in the finder.  Enter the path above in the dialog that appears.

Create your PMDebug.txt file there (make sure you save it as a plain text document and not a special format) and make it have the following contents:

SCROLL_WHEEL_LOGGING ON

Save the file and relaunch PM5 and get the problem to happen again.  Do as little as is necessary to reproduce the problem.  You can then use the "Reveal Support Data..." command on the Help menu and post the zipped log file here.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline tokurvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 02:53:21 AM »
Hi, Kirk!

Now it works!!!
Thanks a million for an extremely fast response and fix:D

BR. Toni

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:32 AM »
Toni,

Excellent, that's good to hear.  Thank you for testing and getting back to me so quickly.

-Kirk