Author Topic: switching from PC to Mac , license requirement?  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Scott F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
switching from PC to Mac , license requirement?
« on: January 13, 2007, 09:54:02 AM »
Hi,

I am in the process of switching to Mac. I have switched desktops, so realistically, I need to use one copy on Mac, and one for my laptop when travelling. The problem is of course , I still need to have a working copy on the PC laptop(only PC computer that I need PM on), and I now need a copy on the Mac? I don't plan on buying a new mac laptop yet.
Just wondering what the procedure is , and/or cost to transition to Mac from PC? Can I upgrade/transfer my PC license to Mac? Or because of my need to cover one machine on both platforms, do I need to purchase a stand alone Mac license??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: switching from PC to Mac , license requirement?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:16:40 AM »
I am in the process of switching to Mac. I have switched desktops, so realistically, I need to use one copy on Mac, and one for my laptop when travelling. The problem is of course , I still need to have a working copy on the PC laptop(only PC computer that I need PM on), and I now need a copy on the Mac? I don't plan on buying a new mac laptop yet.
Just wondering what the procedure is , and/or cost to transition to Mac from PC? Can I upgrade/transfer my PC license to Mac? Or because of my need to cover one machine on both platforms, do I need to purchase a stand alone Mac license??

You can use it on a desktop system and a laptop system.  All we ask is that you only have one user using either of the two copies at a time.  Meaning you can't be using it on your desktop system and have an assistant using it on the laptop at the same time.

Switching from one platform to the other is OK.  No need to buy a license specific to your Mac.

-Kirk

Offline Scott F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:40:12 AM »
That's great to hear. I currently only use it on the laptop when I'm away, or on the desktop, never in use on both. So all I need to do is download the Mac version and enter the same key code?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:23:53 AM »
That's great to hear. I currently only use it on the laptop when I'm away, or on the desktop, never in use on both. So all I need to do is download the Mac version and enter the same key code?

That's correct.

-Kirk

Offline Scott F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 10:31:38 AM »
What a relief! Thank for the great user policy!